Seattle Police Report on WTO

D.L. boddhisatva at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 5 06:18:39 PDT 2000

To whom...,

I just thought I'd let non-residents of the Emerald City know that the Seattle police have given their report on the debacle. Not surprisingly, they did not blame themselves. The now-retired deputy chief opined that nothing short of "fencing off downtown" could have stopped the demonstration from turning into the melee it was.

The Seattle police are the real heroes of the WTO. Only their very high standard of incompetence and fascism could have turned a demo of 30,000 protesters and several dozen troublemakers into a three-day TV event. If the Seattle police ever had to handle something really tough, like the St. Patrick's Day parade in NYC for example, the city would be razed to the ground.

peace