Canada's anti-corporate crusader

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Wed Apr 5 07:47:27 PDT 2000

Carrol Cox wrote:
> >If you want "catch" people just for that magic 45 seconds in the voting
> >booth, fine. If you want to create a bureaucratic social democratic
> >or pseudo leninist party, in which the masses passively support leaders
> >who will do good things for them, fine. If you want a mass
> >movement, then .......

Doug Henwood:
> ...then what?

-- then you must approach people on a different basis, one of participation rather than spectacle. True, the spectacle could give them ideas, but unless the ideas touch the ground they'll remain soap opera.

I've gotten the impression, though, that there's a growing conviction amidst the folk that anything seen on television is fake in some way -- hence the growth of talk radio, Internet ranting, and odd cults of belief like UFOlogy.

Gordon