Disastrous Attempts

Thu Apr 6 13:52:09 PDT 2000

>>> Tom Lehman <uswa12 at Lorainccc.edu> 04/06/00 03:11PM >>>
Well, Charles, that's a deep subject. :o)

If you have democratic unions that are free to deal with management, politicians and government officials in pursuing the interests and liberties of working people then you have a pretty good situation.

CB: I can go with free of management politicians, but in democracy, the aim is for the government to represent the peoples' interests , and the overwhelming majority of the people are working people. So, with a working class government, as is the aim in China, this "independence" can become independence of the interests of the working people as a whole. The government is just as much a working people's organization as unions.

In the U.S., the government works for the business class, so unions are very necessary.

_________

It's the old checks and balances thing Charles.