Corrected: Greenspan IQ query

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Thu Apr 6 20:55:55 PDT 2000

Rakesh,

Isn't the worldwide reserve army pretty damn big and isn't it this fact that scares the northern labor aristocracy in their more xenophobic moments? It would seem that Capital is more worried about the excessive risk and uncertainty surrounding potentially profitable "overseas" outlets for investment due to fragile banks, corrupt governments etc. especially if per unit labor costs there can be rather easily controlled. Once all that "foreign" and US capital sees opportunity for greater rates of return in the peripheries then we'll see some interesting things happen here in the US.

Ian