Sowing Dragons

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Apr 8 10:14:00 PDT 2000

The usual answers given are racial or cultural. I would add the political relationship to the US. If Brazil had been a strong communist state, no doubt the US would have done all that it could to support Argentina.

To the extent that India was seen as the counterweight to China, the US was very supportive. Once it got involved with the non-aligned nations ....

On the other hand, N. Korea and China were very important to the development of the Tigers.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu