A16 -- word on the street?

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 12 07:14:21 PDT 2000

>Chris Doss wrote:
>
>>big labor presence (I'd say about a fourth of those attending were
>>wearing labor jackets)
>
>Were they there on the urging of their unions, or on their own? Lots
>of rank & filers seem to be way ahead of the leadership on these
>issues.
>
>Doug

Can't really say, although I have no doubt but that the AFL-CIO strongly encouraged people to attend--it would be pretty embarrassing to say the least to have Sweeney give an address and have none of his Union membership in evidence.

I did speak with one guy who had driven in with a group of people from Philadelphia, I believe on their own initiative.