this is progressive?

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Apr 14 07:23:17 PDT 2000

I'm not a gate-keeper for any movement except my own. The SLF -- Simian Liberation Front -- will be out there with the slogan IMF = Inhuman Monopoly of Finance.

I'm just telling you what's out there. We're still stuck in the mode of saying the Movement 'should' instead of the Movement 'is.' We can imagine all the alternative movements we like. The real problem is how the one we have gets to be the one we look forward to.

I'll repeat a little fact re: Sweeney et al. The AFL is a hierarchy as far as its own organization goes, but the labor movement is not. It's a federation. Sweeney can't tell anyone what to do.

mbs

======= Well it should considering unions build quite a bit of the technologies of militarism all around the planet. Is Sweeney and Thea Lee telling Becker and Hoffa to shut the fuck up and start reading, say, Lance Taylor? Who are you to say who's in a movement? Ian