M-TH: Gysi steps down

David Welch welch at cwcom.net
Fri Apr 14 18:10:55 PDT 2000

Allegedly because he failed to get the congress to agree to "judge in each case whether the should lend support to UN peace-keeping troops", instead the majority argued there should be no support for the UN in any circumstances. I guess that dented the possibility of an alliance with the Social-Democrats.