fresh hot Slavoj

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Sat Apr 15 06:48:09 PDT 2000

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:54:31 -0400 Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> P.S. I haven't digested the Zizek passage yet, but on first blush it looks
like another effort to mock human desires and human struggles in the name of a mystical Desire. I have just been reading Eagleton on Schopenhauer, and learning a bit more about the bizarre ideological twistings that led to the Freudian invention of Desire.

PS. I haven't digested Marx's work yet, but on first blush, it looks like another effort to mock the proletariat and their stuggles in the name of bourgeois ideology. I have just been reading Kojeve on Hegel, and learned a bit more about the bizarre ideological twistings that lead to the Feuerbachian invention of humanism.

my love to all of you, ken