Hundreds arrested

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Sun Apr 16 08:38:32 PDT 2000

. . . I also heard some mainstream media representatives saying that some reporters from major news media had been caught up in the sweep. That might bode well for the way it gets covered! . . .

The Post reported that the police closed off an area and arrested everyone, even those who tried to leave and were not part of the demo. Including at least one reporter. Apparently the puppets will be returned, tho I can't vouch for this.

The Post ran opinion pieces by supporters of the actions, plus a surprisingly conciliatory column by Summers, but its editorial was resolute in saying the protest was 100% wrong and the WB/IMF 100% right.

mbs