this is progressive?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Apr 17 18:30:17 PDT 2000

rc-am wrote:

> My argument is this: in the context of US
> politics, it is possible for you to recognise the complex relationship that
> exists between movements, governments, representation, and so on. In other
> words, there isn't a synonymity between state and people. When it comes to
> China, however, the same sense should be applied, but isn't.

I don't live in China. In respect to any other nation but the U.S. I have only one perspective: how can I contribute to keep the U.S. from intervening there. I have my personal views about other nations' internal affairs, just as I have my personal views about the taste of morels and Alexander Pope's couplets.

Carrol