Washington Post on A16

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Apr 19 14:12:48 PDT 2000

> To be frank, I was expecting the Post to visit the rhetorical wrath of God
> upon the protesters. Instead, coverage has been universally sympathetic
or
> even supportive. What is going on? Has the world gone mad?

The coverage was not awful. The 'opinion' is something else again.

Today the Post ran a screed by Michael Kelley which slammed all protest since the 64 March on Washington that his parents took him to at the age of 6. No dissenter would be permitted the license he had to smear everyone involved in the action.

Worst of all, the lead editorial today praised the police and Ramsey for doing a splendid job. No mention of the myriad of abuses. This is really a blank check for all manner of future mayhem by the police.

mbs