cops

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Tue Apr 18 20:51:37 PDT 2000

No Max, I was, and could have been clearer about this, talking about radio reports that I was listening to. Of course reporters were not exactly picking out the best and brightest of the protesters for obvious reasons...The strategy seemed to be to look for a youth who could put the words "like uh"...as many places as possible in a sentence beside an interview with a sharp PR minded IMF/WB official....

I was talking about Marcuse's description of the demonization of protesters in "Essay on Liberation"...Nowadays they don't demonize them so much as pick select moments to make them seem foolish, out of touch, and the like. I wonder if it's not possible for these cells to plan out a media strategy and media rep.?

Steve