cops

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Apr 18 14:49:41 PDT 2000

Carrol Cox wrote:

>"Max B. Sawicky" wrote:
>
>> . . . Protesters' Headquarters Raided, Shut Down
>>
>> Incredible.
>
>What's incredible about it? It seems quite ordinary to me --
>but I suppose it depends on one's assumptions about
>capitalist democracy.

Yeah, the DC cops acted just like special bodies of armed persons are supposed to act - they defended the property & procedures of the bourgeois state against popular disruption. And they did it a lot more effectively than the clowns in Seattle. Which is a critique of the bourgeois state, of course, not a celebration of the cops.

Doug