Salon on Steelworker "Boss" Becker at A16

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Tue Apr 18 14:44:47 PDT 2000

Mark--I thought this story rings pretty true. I wouldn't call Gary Hubbard a handler. :o) And as far as my friends, who are Trubovich's and their relatives go...:o) :o) I could tell some really funny stories that most of the people on this list wouldn't get.

The only thing I'm suggesting is that we take a long view of Chinese politics---I personally don't see Taiwan as any pinnacle of virtue either.

George made an excellent speech on social costs and world trade a couple of years ago to the Ohio Legislative conference. I'd encourage him to use that speech.

The Business Roundtable is starting a very slick TV campaign to see that China gets PNTR status. I haven't seen the commercial, but, from what I've been told it is so slick that unless you are aware of the issues involved you would be fooled.

Tom Lehman