The Post Relents

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Thu Apr 20 08:12:55 PDT 2000

"Max B. Sawicky" wrote:

> A wee bit of sympathetic commentary, including the revelation
> that the Chief, who was the subject of another laudatory article
> in the Metro section, joined his merrye men & women in assaulting
> a demonstrator in one of the police sweeps.
>
> http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47201-2000Apr19.html

Ahh, but the Post doesn't get the rest of the story. Such as the incident when anarchists dragged Ramsey and Gainer out of their squad car and the incident where Ramsey tried to headlock a protester and other activists unarrested the person.

Ramsey is probably scared because he knows that we controlled the streets on Sunday. The anarchists and our fellow activist buddies won several skirmishes with the cops, including one battle where we forced his cops back 2-3 blocks on the George Washington University campus. Ramsey also knows that if A16/17 had been any other city, without the resources of the Feds, National Guard, and Pantagon, that he would have been the next Norm Stamper.

The RACB was successful on Sunday, but many of us got arrested on Monday because we were picked off in small groups early in the morning. I wasn't arrested.

-- << Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe