"Meet the New New Left: bold, fun, and stupid, " in TNR

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Thu Apr 20 23:28:58 PDT 2000

Gordon wrote:

> It's difficult for me to believe that anyone
> who can get to write for TNR for money would be unaware of
> anarchist history in America, or that there is a huge amount
> of anarchist literature in print and on the Net, of every sort
> of quality. Hence I believe there is a fair chance that the
> article is simply a piece of fraudulence aimed at a certain
> layer of the public, and more sophisticated psywar materials
> are being or will be constructed for the less credulous.

Perhaps. I was just enjoying the fact that an article which sought to present a few people as stupid (in the headline and all) turns out to be more ignorant than imaginable. I mean, leaving aside the wildcat poster which I might at a pinch see that anyone who hasn't an appreciation of US political history might miss, is there anyone out there (anarchist or not) who cannot spot an anti-GM poster from twenty paces??

Angela _________