NK

Mon Apr 24 14:11:13 PDT 2000

>>> Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> 04/24/00 02:02PM >>>
Just curious if Carrol, Charles, Yoshie, or any of the others who've questioned images of NK as miserably poor

__________

CB: What I said was U.S. imperialism is the main cause of what poverty is there.

________

& cultified -

________

CB: What I questioned was your adjective "bizarre" cult of the p. and your implication that the U.S. is not a dictatorship of the bourgeoisie, and that centralization is not a necessary form forced on NK by U.S. holocaustic attacks and threats against them.

_______

have you read the Liberation piece that Elisabeth cited <http://www.liberation.fr/quotidien/semaine/20000419mera.html>? I'm slogging through it with my rudimentary French, and it doesn't sound pretty. What's wrong with the picture it paints? Is the reporter making things up?

_______

CB: Who is the author ? Who pays the author ? What are the motives of the author ? Is the author/witness biased. Of course the author could make things up, are you kidding ? Is the author contradicted by other sources , for example the UN stats that Yoshie posted ?

CB