Cuba all set for another bumper sugarcane crop

Andrew English aenglish at igc.org
Thu Apr 27 10:54:54 PDT 2000

As I recall there was a time (around 1970 I think) when the Cuban government wrecked the economy mobilizing the entire workforce to try to harvest 10 million tons. Afterward, they criticized themselves and moved to a more balanced economic strategy.

-Andy English

-----Original Message----- From: Brad De Long <delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Thursday, April 27, 2000 11:10 AM Subject: Re: Cuba all set for another bumper sugarcane crop