Background for Zero-Tolerance, was Re: [fla-left] [news/education] Schools fail racial equity,report states (fwd)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Apr 29 09:56:08 PDT 2000

This post from Michael Hoover nearly two months ago throws light, I believe, on the recent "Zero Tolerance" thread. Whatever left defenders of this repressive practice may honestly believe, the policy has no real aim other than the continued oppression and ghettoization of blacks in the United States. It (including its rationalization of Police terrorism) is probably the chief bulwark of racism in the united states today. Readers who don't remember Michael's post should look it up in the lbo archives.

Carrol