Richebacher's comments

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at ee.cornell.edu
Sun Apr 30 12:10:35 PDT 2000

Well, I am new at glooming and dooming, so I didn't know that. However, the debt explosion in combination with the stock market bubble *is* unprecedented, isn't it? I know you are trying to be extra careful about predicting anything, but do you see any way that this can resolve itself that doesn't involve fairly drastic retrenchment of consumption and growth together with systematic defaults and debt writeoffs?

Greenspan seems to think (to the questionable extent that he understands what's going on) that it's all OK 'cuz technology (which he knows nothing about, not even as a user) will make us free. Do you agree with him?

Enrique