The Week

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Apr 30 11:39:55 PDT 2000

Mark Jones wrote:

>It's the social-democrats of Euroland who have the
>restructuration problems now, not the self-satisfied Brits.

Yes, which is one reason why I question your disaster scenarios. Say euroland is restructured along Anglo-American lines - why couldn't the E-11 have a boom too? A polarizing, manic, diseased boom perhaps, but still a boom? Why does the fact that so much of the world would still be excluded from this boom make it unsustainable, at least over the term of 10-20 years?

Doug