Working Assets Long Distance: Anti-union?

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Aug 6 16:27:08 PDT 2000

Working Assets Long Distance is one of those caring corporations that makes its customers feel better by passing on some percentage of its proceeds to good causes. It operates somehow through Sprint -- I'm not sure of the connection, but when I got slammed once the operator told me my long distance operator was in fact Sprint. I was just reading an FT article on the looming strike against Verizon which referred to MCI-Worldcom and Sprint as "resolutely anti-union." Is this true? Does that mean I'd actually be doing more good handing over my money to ATT, which the article implied still had a strong union tradition?

Michael