Weyrich letter

Tue Aug 8 10:05:15 PDT 2000

>>> dhenwood at panix.com 08/08/00 12:39PM >>>
[The text of the Weyrich letter, from Conservative News Service <http://www.conservativenews.org/InDepth/archive/199902/IND19990218c.html>.]

By Paul Weyrich

CNS Information ServicesBut that did not result in the adoption of our agenda.

-clip-

The reason, I think, is that politics itself has failed. And politics has failed because of the collapse of the culture. The culture we are living in becomes an ever-wider sewer. In truth, I think we are caught up in a cultural collapse of historic proportions, a collapse so great that it simply overwhelms politics.

CB: Seems like cultural anthropology's concept of culture has taken over as the/a predominant paradigm for social analysis. "Culture" is such a squishy , maleable concept. What causes a culture to collapse ? Satan ?

Also, isn't it a sort of hopeful sign , a light at the end of the rightwing tunnel we are in , that rightwingers _think_ things are going bad for them ?