The Evil of Two Lessers

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 8 14:17:19 PDT 2000

>... the Repug[s] [are] saying JL is
>a great guy who is more like Bush than Gore. The flaw in
>this tactic is that JL has a voice, and he will explain
>why he is more like Gore than Bush. Since he's a great guy,
>who are the Repugs to disagree w/his self-assessment?
>
>Then there's the funny factor. ... JL is funny-droll, so he could dominate
>in this category.
>
>mbs

Well, courtesy of my wife who caught this line on TV this p.m. and relayed it to me, here's Lieberman distancing himself from Bush *and* being pretty funny about it: "To say that George Bush and I are alike is like saying that a taxidermist and a veterinarian are alike -- they both give you your dog back."

Carl