Lieberman's Record (RE: The Evil of Two Lessers

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Aug 9 11:13:00 PDT 2000

Actually, looking over Lieberman's record, he actually votes for liberal than he talks - . . .

1999: On the votes that the United Electrical Radio and Machine Workers considered to be the most important in 1999, Senator Lieberman voted their preferred position 33 percent of the time. 1999: On the votes that the United Auto Workers considered to be the most important in 1999, Senator Lieberman voted their preferred position 92 percent of the time.

That's quite a variance. I wonder if anyone could shed more light on it. I know UE is an ultra-progressive union, but since this is actual legislation and not more ambitious proposals, I wonder where all the differences showed up.

mbs