The odd couple, updated

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu Aug 10 08:36:30 PDT 2000

I thought that columnist's pairing was insightful in the sense that Ralph is flaky on foreign policy where Buchanan's isolationism is straightforward.

The extent of overlap on domestic, however, is utterly minimal. Buchanan is an opportunist on trade, where for Nader the trade piece integrates well into a comprehensive domestic policy vision.

mbs

Hmm, well I did identify them as "the odd couple." What remains intriguing is how much they do agree, certainly on just about any issue concerning globalization. Carl