TWO VIEWS ON THE AMERICAN LEFT The Dark Side of the Left: IlliberalEgalitarianism in America/ New Book on Hannah Arendt

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Aug 11 10:55:41 PDT 2000

. . . P.P.S. What is the lowdown on why the editor, of the sociology journal this comes from, Society, Irving Louis Horowitz, became a neo-con? . . .

I worked for him in about 1970. He was already a neo-con. Nor did I ever observe him do anything that was not self-aggrandizing. He did have a good nose for trends, and how to get in front of them.

mbs