male-friendly colleges

Tom Lehman TLehman at lor.net
Fri Aug 11 14:59:06 PDT 2000

Doug---I'd have to classify Rattlesnake as among the worst.

Believe it or not Sadie Hawkins Day was invented at Rattlesnake. Back in the 1940's Al Capp came across a blurb in a national news magazine about this quaint custom that was practiced at a one building college back in the hills. He did a little investigating and found out that the story was true.

Today Sadie Hawkins Day hasn't been practiced since the last tamed vestiage of it died out in the late 1960's---along with Capp's reputation. Hey, I always liked Pee wee Herman too, so what do I know?

Today, down at Rattlesnake in this modern era I understand that co-ed mud wrestling is the big thing. It was just starting to get popular in the late '60's. The deal is the women select who they want to mud wrestle with---so old traditions die-hard.

I'll write more about this if anyone is interested? :o)

Tom