Hannah Arendt on the Holocaust

John K. Taber jktaber at dhc.net
Sat Aug 12 12:21:00 PDT 2000

Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at tsoft.com> wrote

[from Michael Pugliese fwd]:

HANNAH ARENDT ON THE HOLOCAUST

A Study of the Suppression of Truth

[snip what seems like nonsense to me]

Chuck Grimes: This is bad and it sounds like the sort of twisting half truth that will make it difficult to refute. I don't have the expertise, scholarship, credentials, intellectual acuity, or the required insight into the labyrinth of interscene wars among Jewish intellectual worlds to do it. I sure hope somebody does. I suspect some kind of agenda at work beyond a merely scholarly review and question of sources. [snip]

Thank you Chuck. I don't understand what's going on with Michael Pugliese's sources. One was an off-the-wall hatchet job on Simone Weil, of all people, as an anti-Semite. And now this hatchet job on Hannah Arendt.

I don't get why it is important to attack Arendt. Michael's post isn't the only attack I've seen.

Anyhow, my memory and scholarship aren't good enough to come to Arendt's defense, so I'm glad you did.

-- John K. Taber