Dog Days of Summer

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Sun Aug 13 14:48:00 PDT 2000

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:07:23 -0500 Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Ken is essentially equating human freedom with the tyranny of market forces.

Yeah, ok. I'm in a cynical mood today so I'll let that one slide. It's just that to say that some institution of social oppression can potentially disappear is pretty close to a 'bad' infinity. The problem is that the objective resources to abolish capitalism do not exist. In the face of this overwhelming reality, the only responsible philosophy that we can practice is dystopian. Hopefully I'm just naive or ignorant.

ken