Stratfor

Eric Beck rayrena at mail.accesshub.net
Mon Aug 14 10:15:59 PDT 2000

Ian Murray wrote:

>...we need to break the cycle of addiction to the binarism of
>global/anti-global and move the language game to the realm of democratizing
>the economy.

Sing it, brother. I've noticed recently that every time the word "antiglobalization" is used in the mainstream media it's almost spat out, like an epithet. I don't know if it's intended or not, but it makes for some great propaganda: Everyone opposed to "globalization" (which in the context the media usually uses it sounds so multiculti and egalitarian) comes across as a raging xenophobe. Besides, global/antiglobal are nearly meaningless terms at this late date.

Eric