Laying Bets: W Will Win

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Tue Aug 15 07:35:06 PDT 2000

>Doug [the LBO model, really] and Max a week ago predicted that Gore will
win the >election. I wish
>they were right, but unfortunately, I think they are wrong. I was buying

[clip]

>Any counter bets/predictions?
>
>-- Nathan Newman

I bet the abstainers will win. And not because of the "good times" everyone's talking about. With such little difference between Tweedledum and Tweedledumber, why bother? If W wins, Clinton, the DLC and Martin Peretz will be sad, which would make me happy - and hopefully this means that Nader made a good showing. If Gore wins, at least we won't be forced to look at W's smirk and Cheney's sneer for 4 years.

Peter