Laying Bets: W Will Win

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Tue Aug 15 08:47:29 PDT 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> The immediate pundit consensus that W had given a fine speech at the
> RepCon made me think the ruling class wants him to win. It was quite
> stunning to cruise the channels and see every talking head saying
> practically the same thing. Do they meet beforehand and decide on a
> common line?

I *listened* to GW's speech on the radio because I'm living without TV currently. Given what I heard, it was an awful speech, both in delivery and in content. Hillary's speech last night beat the pants off of GW.

But guys, it really doesn't matter! I remember when I was a young Democrat back in 1984, when I went to the debate in Kansas City between Reagan and Mondale (remember that loser?) Me and my buddies were so convinced that Reagan would be hurt badly by a gaffe he made.

It didn't matter. I figured out why later, when I was undergoing the radicalization process that transformed me from a Young Democrat into an anarchist. None of these little things matter much because the elections are decided by larger factors. Those factors, which we are all trying to figure out right now, means that GW is going to win in November. He's the challenger and Gore is a boring stiff who is part of the old guard.

So, I predict that GW will win and that Nader will get 10% of the vote.

But on election day you will find me picketing at the nearest polling place. Voting doesn't change anything. Direct action and solidarity in the working class will accomplish much more than some progressive hack (Nader) can ever hope to accomplish.

Don't vote, it only encourages them.

<< Chuck0 >>

This was the year *everything* changed.

-- Commander Ivanova, 2261

Mid-Atlantic Infoshop -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/

Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

"A society is a healthy society only to the degree that it exhibits anarchistic traits."

- Jens Bjørneboe