Fw: (en) lapd effectively shut down the la independent media center but http://www.indymedia.org/ is still avilable

Joe R. Golowka joegolowka at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 15 10:33:49 PDT 2000

Joe R. Golowka JoeG at ieee.org

"Candidates say "vote for me, and I will do so-and-so for you." Few believe them, but more important, a different process is unthinkable: that in their unions, political clubs, and other popular organizations people should formulate their own plans and projects and put forth candidates to represent them. Even more unthinkable is that the general public should have a voice in decisions about investment, production, the character of work, and other basic aspects of life. The minimal conditions for functioning democracy have been removed far beyond thought, a remarkable victory of the doctrinal system." -- Noam Chomsky ----- Original Message ----- From: "jeff" <jeff at tao.ca> To: <a-infos at tao.ca>; <aut-op-sy at lists.village.virginia.edu>; <nefac at tao.ca> Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 6:02 AM Subject: (en) lapd effectively shut down the la independent media center but http://www.indymedia.org/ is still avilable