Laying Bets: W Will Win

Andrew English aenglish at igc.org
Tue Aug 15 18:56:44 PDT 2000

Most of the bourgeois political scientists say people don't vote because they are contented. Discontent drives people to the polls to vote for change ("throw the bums out").

You may think you are sending a message by not voting but the ruling class interprets the message differently than you intended. They think you are happy and just too lazy to vote.

I'm not arguing for their point of view - just saying that is how they see non-voting, in the absence of other major social disruptions or truely massive organizing.

-Andy English