Laying Bets: W Will Win

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Tue Aug 15 19:37:25 PDT 2000

> But the nice thing about voting and then throwing rocks at the same
idiot, has a certain, I don't know, ambiance to it, like choosing your target.

Chuck, this is just too damn Lacanian. Talk about enjoying your symptom!

key concepts. ken --------------

Ken, it wasn't Lacan. It was Johnson. Johnson turned me on to the idea of throwing rocks at the same monster I voted for. He was epic in his power and in his fall. He was like de Gaulle.

Johnson's only competition in this was Nixon. To hate and revolt against Johnson and Nixon, in measure for measure of passion, commensurate with the proportion of their betrayals was to be alive in the fullest political sense of the word.

I was sad at all their funerals. Sad to see them go. They were the best of enemies.

Chuck Grimes