Laying Bets: W Will Win

Thu Aug 17 07:24:51 PDT 2000

>>> dhenwood at panix.com 08/16/00 04:46PM >>>

Not under orders; achieving consensus among a committee that never meets as a committee of the whole.

______

CB: Sounds right to me.

________

There's a big difference between a bunch of folks, of relatively common temperaments and interests, getting together and yakking with each other and telling pollsters to cook their results to match the consensus of the collected yakkers. The first is a theory of class rule, and the second of rule by conspiracy. But Comrade Brown & I have differed on the word "conspiracy" in the past, and I suspect we will again.

________

CB: I thought we comrades were the ones with the theory of class rule ?

So, no one has to go to the archives (:>)) , my position is that capitalism is a system ( theory of class rule) , but within the system there are plots, plans, conscious strategies, especially on the political end of things.