The "law" of wealth concentration

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr. rosserjb at jmu.edu
Fri Aug 18 10:15:39 PDT 2000

I would note that if Gini coefficients for income (or consumption) distribution are hard to measure, ones for wealth are much harder and are much less frequently done. By now most governments from time to time make some kinds of efforts to do income or consumption ginis. But, wealth.... well, a few years ago when Robert Avery did a wealth distribution study of the US at the Fed he was roundly denounced. Barkley Rosser -----Original Message----- From: Alexandre Fenelon <afenelon at zaz.com.br> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Thursday, August 17, 2000 6:15 PM Subject: RES: The "law" of wealth concentration