The Dem Party faithful

John Gulick jlgulick at sfo.com
Fri Aug 18 22:13:33 PDT 2000

Here's an interesting set of interviews of some delegates from the floor of the D2K. (It's from a slightly dogmatic Trotskyist web site, but one that usually features some sound and useful insights). Gives one pause to think of the rank-and-filers as a bunch of graying labor-liberals who grudgingly support the DLC centrism, as much of the press ("mainstream" and "alternative") would have us believe.

Gore for President and let the contradictions mount !!! (I'm not sure if that's a battle cry I'm really partial to just yet).

"Among the delegates to the Democratic National Convention: Complacency, conservatism and a few sparks of discontent"

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2000/aug2000/dnc-a18.shtml

John Gulick