W speaks

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Aug 19 12:06:23 PDT 2000

> (By the way, prisoners are now being
>allocated to prisons according to a matching process between the labor
>needs of prisons and the skills of the convicts).

we were just having a convo about this elsewhere in relationship to the war on drugs, rising prison population, and doug piece on jails and jobs, which i had forwarded as a good example of left scholarship (kiss kiss; doug i also shilled for you at teachsoc the other day. i think we need to talk some kind of bonus here :). so michael, i think a participant in the convo would find this interesting. do you have any pointes as to where i could find out more about this, as well as about the privatization of prisons issue?

kelley