Zizek's The Fragile Absolute

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Sat Aug 19 12:52:17 PDT 2000

I know there are a number of Zizek fans on this list, so I'll ask here:?

What do people think of Zizek's new book, 'The Fragile Absolute'? I came across it while in San Diego at a conference, and the sub-head: Why the Christian Legacy is Worth Fighting For is certain something to catch the eye. I only had a chance to read the intro, but I'd be very interested in what people who have read the whole book have to say.

Peter typing from a slow telnet connection at UCSD, excuse the typos -- Peter van Heusden <pvh at egenetics.com> NOTE: I do not speak for my employer, Electric Genetics "Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower." - Karl Marx, 1844