Laying Bets: W Will Win

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Aug 20 14:28:35 PDT 2000

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Doug Henwood wrote:

> So how do you explain Clinton's 60% approval rating. Whatever the
> guy's faults, stupidity isn't among them.

There was a very funny Doonesbury cartoon a few months ago. You see the voices of Gore and Clinton coming out of the White House. And Clinton is saying "The problem Al, if that if people have a choice between the class clown and the class brain, they'll choose the class clown." And Al says "But you're even smarter than I am!!" And Clinton replies "Yeah, but have you ever noticed that sometimes I do things that are really stupid? There's a reason."

Michael