Red Oskar is back

Jim heartfield jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 03:21:17 PDT 2000

'Who gives a [expletive deleted] about the Italians', was one of the more memorable passages in Richard Nixon's Watergate tapes.

Americans - you have to love their straightforwardness.

Incidentally, I was in Blackwell's in Charing Cross and Lafontaine's book ('out next month') was on sale.

In message <p04320416b5c751973b20@[216.254.77.128]>, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes
>Lisa & Ian Murray quoted:
>
>>Oskar Lafontaine, the former German finance minister dubbed "the most
>>dangerous man in Europe" by The Sun newspaper
>
>And dubbed "that asshole" by our esteemed Treasury Secretary, Lawrence Summers.
>
>Doug

-- James Heartfield

Great Expectations: the creative industries in the New Economy is available from Design Agenda, 4.27 The Beaux Arts Building, 10-18 Manor Gardens, London, N7 6JT Price 7.50 GBP + 1GBP p&p