Towards a Politics of Truth

kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Tue Aug 22 19:07:03 PDT 2000

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:17:05 -0700 (PDT) Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at tsoft.com> wrote:

> That was Paul you elided in the ellipses, not Lacan. Lacan was the one
> that went with the bizarre inversive labyrinth. Damn. A theology
> PhD who forgets Paul in the attention deficit of a few dots.

Theology PhD!!! BLAH!! We religionists have obviously failed miserably in our attempts to distinguish between studying and practicing...

> I don't want to hear about politics as deliberation, hegemony or
> recognition. That is pure recidivism. A fall into logic, power and
> identity. Politics as practice, as recitation, as resuscitation, as in
> screaming bloody life back into polity.

OK then! How about "The Politics of Radical Evil; or, Raising Hell in the Public Sphere" or "There are no cannibals here, we ate the last one a week ago!"

> Jesus H. Christ, as my dear drunk Irish mother used to say,
> Chuck Grimes
> (I think I am starting to sound like Kelley.)

Twas a good try, but Snit Grrl still has the keys.

ken