Finkelstein's background

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Aug 24 06:33:03 PDT 2000

http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/articles.html

A R T I C L E S & R E V I E W S Relating to the Goldhagen Thesis

"A Nation on Trial: The Goldhagen Thesis and Historical Truth" (One essay each by Finkelstein and Birn. Originally appeared in NLR) (lastest book available at bookstores everywhere) Synopsis & Endorsements

Article by Tibor Krausz, Jerusalem Report "The Goldhagen Wars""

Finkelstein's Response To Goldhagen: Comments on Daniel Goldhagen's "The New Discourse of Avoidance""

Ha'aretz Feature Article by Tom Segev, Historian and Journalist

Le Monde Article by Dominique Vidal, "From Mein Kampf to Aushwitz"

Los Angeles Times Front Page Book Review of "A Nation On Trial" - "How Could They?", Reviewed by Neal Ascherson

Outlook Opinion (Volume 36, Number 3, April 1 - May 15, 1998) "Holocaust Scholarship, Zionism and Political Orthodoxy", by Mordecai Briemberg David North's Critical Review of Daniel Goldhagen's Hitler's Willing Executioners "Anti-Semitism, Fascism & the Holocaust"

Finkelstein's Response To Slate Book Review: "Adam Shatz - Slate's Willing Executioner"

New York Times A Scholarly Dispute on the Cause of the Holocaust

Times of London 12/01/98

Globe and Mail "Link with anti-Zionist enrages CJC"

Toronto Star "War crimes scholar treading turbulent water"

Der Spiegel "Goldhagen - a Falsifier of Sources?"

The New Statesman

Newsweek Scholars attack 'Hitler's Willing Executioners'

The Nation

The Observer 18/01/98

The Harvard Crimson "Whose history is it?"

A Nation On Trial on N.Y. Times Book Review's Notable Hardcover Books of 1998

Le Monde Diplomatique Article: Mein Kampf to Auschwitz

Jerusalem Report Article: The Goldhagen Wars

N.Y. Times Book Review of A Nation On Trial

Ha'aretz Feature Article by Tom Segev, Historian and Journalist

Outlook (Canadian Jewish Paper), Opinion by Mordecai Briemberg Holocaust Scholarship, Zionism and Political Orthodoxy

David North's Critical Review of Daniel Goldhagen's Hitler's Willing Executioners Anti-Semitism, Fascism & the Holocaust, April 17, 1997

Los Angeles Times Front Page Book Review of "A Nation On Trial": "How Could They?" Reviewed by Neal Ascherson

Read About Norman Finkelstein's Latest Book "A Nation On Trial: The Goldhagen Thesis and Historical Truth"

Norman Finkelstein comments on Daniel Goldhagen's "The New Discourse of Avoidance" Norman Finkelstein's Response To Slate Book Review: "Adam Shatz - Slate's Willing Executioner"

Goldhagen Interview - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Clarifies Views On Similarities Between the Nazi holocaust and Other Genocides

| Home | Biography | Books on Israel/Palestine |
| Articles and Reviews relating to Goldhagen Thesis |
| Upcoming Speaking Engagements |
| Link to Daniel Goldhagen's Web Site |

E-mail your comments & inquiries to info at normanfinkelstein.com

1998 Created and Dedicated by Friends, Colleagues and Family

This website is dedicated to Norman Finkelstein - a scholar of rare integrity and has been created and dedicated by friends, colleagues and family.

http://www.goldhagen.com/contents.html Critiquing the Critics:

"Motives, Causes, and Alibis: A Reply to My Critics" This is an expanded version of my reply to the critics of Hitler's Willing Executioners that first appeared in The New Republic 215, 26 (December 23, 1996).

"A Thinly Disguised Ideological Tract." This is a brief overview on the real character of Norman G. Finkelstein and Ruth Bettina Birn's A Nation on Trial: The Goldhagen Thesis and Historical Truth. Their respective pieces are treated in more depth in "The New Discourse of Avoidance" and the "The Fictions of Ruth Bettina Birn."

"The Fictions of Ruth Bettina Birn" first appeared in the journal German Politics and Society 15, 3 (Fall 1997). It exposes the systematic falsification of evidence and scholarly transgressions that are at the core of Birn's article that appeared in The Historical Journal, which is the basis for her contribution to A Nation on Trial.

"The New Discourse of Avoidance" exposes the aspersions of Norman Finkelstein. An earlier version appeared in the Frankfurter Rundschau (August 18, 1997).