Plain Talk

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Thu Aug 24 13:07:06 PDT 2000

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Someone just sent me copies of Plain Talk magazine from 1932. Seems
> to be some kind of populist thing. Anyone know about it?

There's an anthology cited on, of all things, the Mises Institute page at

http://www.mises.org/misesbib/m1950.asp

Plain Talk: An Anthology from the Leading Anti-Communist Magazine of the 40s. Isaac Don Levine, ed. (New Rochelle: Arlington House, 1976)

I haven't seen the book, but if it's the same Plain Talk you have, perhaps the Commie trashing bubbled to the surface later as was so often the case. Then again, it might be the same magazine in name only, ala Coronet, which was oddly enough very interesting during, say, the first year in 1936 or so when it was someone's coffer-draining pet project and later became, after various buyouts and changes of ownership, one of the crappiest mainstream rags of the century, ala a sort of People magazine.

--

/ dave /