Gore Joins Max in Spending the Surplus

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Aug 25 08:50:10 PDT 2000

. . . How did this happen, did the sheer accumulation of "Bushisms" just reach
> critical mass and cause W. image meltdown? And even more
important, *has*
> there really been a change in the way the public views W.,
or is this dunce
> cap he's wearing just a gift from the media? Carl

The arbitrariness of the turn in coverage also struck me. One gets the feeling that Paula's "Big Cigars" said O.K., Bush is likely to use up more of the surplus. The conventions are over; it's time to start chopping him up.

mbs