Gore Joins Max in Spending the Surplus

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Aug 25 13:39:22 PDT 2000

Nathan Newman wrote:
>And if Nader if elected would be any more successful in passing the
>programs over a GOP/conservative Dem opposition, I would be more likely to
>take Nader more seriously.

What about the possibility that Gore will be more successful in dismantling programs because there won't be any Dem/liberal opposition? Worked nicely for welfare reform, clear-cutting, mass incarceration, etc. Doug

Wrong binary. Nader will not be elected, my herculean powers notwithstanding. The question is whether Nader's ideas change public opinion. If he is dismissed on lesser evil logic, the likelihood of lasting influence diminishes.

A better vote for Nader encourages the next President to do more. Anybody in a state where the Gore/Bush difference is more than ten points on November 2 should vote for Ralph.

max