Freud to get get competition in therapy industry take II...

bill fancher fancher at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 25 15:34:16 PDT 2000

on 8/25/00 2:02 PM, Michael Perelman at michael at ecst.csuchico.edu wrote:

> Philosophical counseling has become quite popular. I have a colleague who
> does it even in backwater Chico.

I've seen a quote of $80 per hour for philosophical counseling.

Of course, no one's presenting any evidence that it works, but what the hell, Freud never had any either. (When you've got guys like Lippmann shilling for you, you don't need no stinkin' evidence.)

Somehow, the question of efficacy just doesn't arise in any of the media coverage I've seen.

-- bill

"Behavior is shaped and maintained by its consequences." B.F. Skinner